KETO / GF / with DF & Vegan options
Beef, mushroom and pepperoni pizza zucchini bites
4 Large Zucchini
8 oz. bag of Mozzarella (Dairy Free/ Vegan Option: Vegan Shredded Mozzarella—I use Violife Mozzarella Shreds)
12 oz. jar of pizza sauce that is low carb (I use Mia’s Kitchen Pizza Sauce Margherita)
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Toppings as desired: Ground beef, sautéed mushroom &/or pepperoni are common topping I use. Vegan option would of course be to leave off the meat and only add veggies.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line cooking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
2. Slice zucchini into medallions and place on parchment lined cooking sheet(s). Keep in mind the thicker you cut your zucchini that you may need to add a little more cooking time to reach desired tenderness.
3. Place olive oil in a small bowl and sprinkle a generous amount of oregano in the bowl with the olive oil.
4. Using a brush, brush on the olive oil & oregano mixture onto each zucchini slice.
5. Cook the zucchini medallions with the olive oil & oregano mixture for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven.
6. Spoon on and spread pizza sauce on to each zucchini slice.
6. Place desired toppings on next (sometimes I wait and put the pepperoni piece on top of the cheese).
7. Added a generous pinch of mozzarella cheese on top of your added toppings. (NOTE: Regular Mozzarella has less carbs than vegan options so keep this in mind if you are carb watching for a keto diet; this also means that you can add a little extra mozzarella if you are able to eat the regular dairy option.)
8. Bake at 375 degrees for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
9. Remove from the oven to cool and then enjoy!