Backstory: For starters, recently my husband and I started up keto again more for fertility reasons for me. Since the first time I was able to get pregnant, I was doing keto. Although we lost the baby early, we wanted to give keto another go with our fertility journey. Because my husband is so amazing,Continue reading “I Can’t Believe it’s “Keto” CHEESECAKE (GF)”
KETO / GF / with DF option Pizza Stuffed Peppers Ingredients: 6 Large Bell Peppers (I usually get the packs with a Red, Yellow & Orange sweet bell pepper) 2 lbs. of ground beef 16 oz. Mozzarella cheese shredded (Dairy Free Option: Vegan Shredded Mozzarella—I use Violife Mozzarella Shreds) 12 oz. jar of pizza sauceContinue reading “Keto Pizza Stuffed Peppers”
KETO / GF / with DF & Vegan options Beef, mushroom and pepperoni pizza zucchini bites Ingredients: 4 Large Zucchini 8 oz. bag of Mozzarella (Dairy Free/ Vegan Option: Vegan Shredded Mozzarella—I use Violife Mozzarella Shreds) 12 oz. jar of pizza sauce that is low carb (I use Mia’s Kitchen Pizza Sauce Margherita) 2 Tbsp.Continue reading “Keto Zucchini Pizza Bites”
GF / DF / Vegan 1 Cup uncooked rinsed Quinoa 2 Cups water 1 Tbsp. coconut oil Instructions: 1. Make sure to rinse quinoa before cooking. I have a mesh strainer I use. 2. Add quinoa, water and coconut oil to the rice cooker. 3. Stir ingredients a couple times and place the lid andContinue reading “Rice Cooker Quinoa”
GF / DF / Vegan / Keto Ingredients: 1-16oz bag of frozen chopped broccoli Olive Oil Sea Salt Optional: Black Pepper Instructions: 1. Preheat the oven to 350 and get a 13×9 dish. 2. Place the frozen chopped broccoli into the dish. 3. Drizzle broccoli with olive oil. 4. Add sea salt (& black pepperContinue reading “Easy Roasted Broccoli”
Keto / GF / DF Option Ingredients: 2 lbs. chicken Juice of half a lemon—fresh squeezed Olive oil—light drizzle 1 Tsp. garlic salt All seasoning salt—light dusting evenly coating chicken Parsley flakes—light dusting Ground Thyme—very light dusting (a little of this goes a long ways) Optional: Lightly Pepper ¼ Cup of butter—half stick or 4Continue reading “Herb Butter Chicken (with DF Option)”
Keto / GF / with DF & V option Ingredients: 3-4 Medium to large zucchini (&/or yellow squash) 2 Tsp. Garlic Salt Organic All Seasoning Salt Parsley Flakes Olive Oil Optional: Shredded Parmesan Cheese (leave this ingredient out for DF/V option) Instructions: 1. Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheet with parchment paper. 2. Continue reading “Fancy Zucchini”
GF / DF / Vegan (w/ **dairy option) Ingredients: 1/2 cup organic peanut butter– creamy or crunchy both work good 1/4 to 1/3 cup honey depending on how strong of a honey flavor you want (raw and local is best) 2/3 cup of toasted coconut flakes (I often add extra coconut flakes to add moreContinue reading “PB Energy Bites”
KETO / GF / DF / V Peanut Butter and Almond Butter options Ingredients: 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or equivalent of dark choc squares. (I either use Enjoy Life dark morsels, >80% dark chocolate bar squares or Lily’s Dark Choc Chips) 1/2 cup natural PB or Almond butter or mix of both (NOTE: YouContinue reading “Keto Chocolate PB Coconut Crunch Cups”
Keto Alomond Butter Choc Chip Cookie Bars
1 cup swerve brown (natural sugar replacement)
1 cup natural no added sugar almond butter
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups almond flour
1 1/2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (Lillys or >72%)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8×8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the Swerve, almond butter, and vanilla on high for 1 minute using a stand or hand mixer with paddle attachment.
3. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
4. With the mixer off, add the almond flour mixture. Then, pour the almond milk over the almond flour mixture and begin beating on low and increase speed to medium. Beat for 15-30 seconds or until just incorporated. Do not over-mix. The dough should pull together into large, moist mounds as it moves around the mixing bowl. Add the chocolate chips and stir to incorporate.
5. Transfer the dough to the lined pan and use your fingers to press evenly into the bottom. It will seem like there isn’t enough dough, but keep pressing it outward until it’s nearly touching the sides of the pan. If desired, dot the top of the cookie dough with another tablespoon or two of chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 22 to 24 minutes or until the edges are golden and crackled and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean with a bit of moist crumb at the tip.
7. Let cool completely in pan. Then, grasp the edges of the parchment to gently remove the bar from the pan. Slice into 16-25 squares.