GF / DF / Vegan
1 Cup uncooked rinsed Quinoa
2 Cups water
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
Dash of sea salt
Optional: I sometimes add a tsp of fresh or frozen cilantro.
1. Make sure to rinse quinoa before cooking. I have a mesh strainer I use.
2. Add quinoa, water and coconut oil to the rice cooker.
3. Stir ingredients a couple times and place the lid and switch to the cook option.
4. The rice cooker will do the rest of the work. When it is done the rice cooker should switch to warm mode. Fluff the quinoa with a fork. Serve and enjoy.
5. This side goes great with many dishes including my herb butter chicken and easy chopped broccoli.
I have started mixing grass-finished beef with mushroom and roasted (fresh) broccoli to the quinoa bowls for a yummy and very satisfying meal! Beef and mushroom recipe coming soon.