Keto / GF / DF Option
2 lbs. chicken
Juice of half a lemon—fresh squeezed
1 Tsp. garlic salt
All seasoning salt—light dusting evenly coating chicken
Parsley flakes—light dusting
Ground Thyme—very light dusting (a little of this goes a long ways)
Optional: Lightly Pepper and/or sprinkle Tbsp of coconut sugar
For dairy lovers: ¼ Cup of butter—half stick or 4 Tbsp.
Dairy free option: Olive oil—drizzle until evenly coated **or add 2 heaping Tbsp of coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 and you will need a 13×9 baking dish or something similar.
2. Cut chicken into bite size chunks (I use kitchen shears) and places them in the baking dish.
3. Lightly drizzle chicken with olive oil and then add the juice of half a lemon. To avoid seeds you can use a strainer.
4. Add dry seasonings and mix together in the dish until chicken is evenly coated and single layered as much as possible in the dish.
5. Cube butter and place across the top of the chicken.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes. (Option for more moist chicken is to bake with tin foil over the dish for 45-50 minutes.) You should have a nice herb butter sauce from your creation that you can pour into a little server to have for added sauce to your chicken and quinoa/rice bowl mixture.
7. Best served over quinoa or rice and chopped/baked broccoli. For keto diet serve over riced cauliflower.