GF / DF / Vegan (w/ **dairy option)
- 1/2 cup organic peanut butter– creamy or crunchy both work good
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup honey depending on how strong of a honey flavor you want (raw and local is best)
- 2/3 cup of toasted coconut flakes (I often add extra coconut flakes to add more crunch)
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life dark morsels to keep it Vegan and dairy free)–or just add one chocolate chip to the peanut butter balls at the end for less chocolate chips.
- 1 Tsp Pure Vanilla (alcohol free is best since this is a no bake recipe)
- Optional–2 to 3 Tbsp of crushed pecan pieces
- **Dairy optuon–I will add a scoop of vanilla or chocolate whey protein powder
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Roll into small bite size balls. Enjoy!
- NOTE: If the mixture is too sticky place in a covered bowl in the fridge for 1 hour and then roll into balls. Also see tips below for if the mixture continues to be too sticky or dry.
- Store in the fridge for freshness and to reduce stickiness.
- Tip: if the mixture seems too sticky before placing in the fridge add a little more oats and/or.
- And if the mixture is too dry add a little more honey.
- These bites can make for a perfect pre or post workout snack or when you just want a yummy but healthier treat option.
These tend to be a hit when I make and take them to work or share them with others during a group work out!