GF / DF / Vegan
- 1/2 cup organic peanut butter– creamy or crunchy both work good
- 1/3 cup honey (raw and local is best)
- 2/3 cup of toasted coconut flakes (I often add extra coconut flakes to add more crunch)
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life dark morsels to keep it Vegan and dairy free)–or just add one chocolate chip to the peanut butter balls at the end for less chocolate chips.
- Optional–2 to 3 Tbsp of crushed pecan pieces
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Roll into small bite size balls. Enjoy!
- NOTE: If the mixture is too sticky place in a covered bowl in the fridge for 1 hour and then roll into balls. Also see tips below for if the mixture continues to be too sticky or dry.
- Store in the fridge for freshness and to reduce stickiness.
- Tip: if the mixture seems too sticky before placing in the fridge add a little more oats. And if the mixture is too dry add a little more honey and PB.
- These bites can make for a perfect pre or post workout snack or when you just want a yummy but healthier treat option.
These tend to be a hit when I make and take them to work!