Keto / GF / DF / Vegan
Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1 cup Swerve brown (natural sugar replacement)
- 1 cup natural no added sugar almond butter (I use Martha Natha)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (Lily’s or >72%)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8×8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the Swerve, almond butter, and vanilla on high for 1 minute using a stand or hand mixer with paddle attachment.
3. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
4. With the mixer off, add the almond flour mixture. Then, pour the almond milk over the almond flour mixture and begin beating on low and increase speed to medium. Beat for 20-30 seconds or until just incorporated. Do not over-mix. The dough should pull together into large, moist mounds as it moves around the mixing bowl. Add the chocolate chips and stir to incorporate.
5. Transfer the dough to the lined pan and use your fingers to press evenly into the bottom. Press the dough outward until it’s nearly touching the sides of the pan. If desired, dot the top of the cookie dough with another tablespoon of chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 20 to 24 minutes or until the edges are golden and crackled and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean with a bit of moist crumb at the tip. (Note: I find these can turn out pretty gooey and I have started to burn the edges before the center sets up. The cookie bar will continue to setup and firm some after removing from the oven. After it cools for a few hours they are much easier to cut.)
7. Let cool completely in pan. Then, grasp the edges of the parchment to gently remove the bar from the pan. Slice into 25 squares. Enjoy! Personally I think these are best served with an ice cold glass of unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
Note: approximately 2-3g net carbs per bar with Lily’s dark chocolate chips used. Depending on choc chips used this may slightly change net carb amount.
One thought on “Keto Cookie Bar”
Excited to see more recipes!
LikeLiked by 1 person