KETO / GF / with DF option
Pizza Stuffed Peppers
6 Large Bell Peppers (I usually get the packs with a Red, Yellow & Orange sweet bell pepper)
2 lbs. of ground beef
16 oz. Mozzarella cheese shredded (Dairy Free Option: Vegan Shredded Mozzarella—I use Violife Mozzarella Shreds)
12 oz. jar of pizza sauce that is low carb (I use Mia’s Kitchen Pizza Sauce Margherita) NOTE: If you like more sauce, you may want to get a 2nd jar to add more to your mixture. Just keep in mind this will add a little more carb count to your meal.
At least 12 slices of Large deli cut pepperoni
Optional: Mushrooms (Sautéed) and/or any veggies you might want to add (i.e., olives, onions)
1. Preheat oven to 375 and line a cooking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Slice bell peppers in half, from stem to bottom and clean out and remove seeds and stem.
3. Cook bell pepper halves on the cooking sheet at 375 for 30 minutes or until soft.
4. While your peppers are cooking, brown your ground beef.
5. If adding mushrooms, sauté with a little cooking oil (i.e., coconut oil, olive oil).
6. Then in a large bowl mix together ground beef, pizza sauce, mushrooms, any additional toppings as desired & 8 oz. of shredded mozzarella.
7. Stuff each soft/cooked bell pepper generously. You may have a little extra filling leftover depending on what you add, which is fine and can be enjoyed by itself.
8. Use remaining mozzarella shreds to add on top of the stuffed peppers. Use as much or as little of the cheese topping as you wish, keeping in mind that dairy free cheese will be higher in carb count.
9. Place the large deli sliced pepperoni on top each pepper and bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
10. Let cool and enjoy!