Backstory: For starters, recently my husband and I started up keto again more for fertility reasons for me. Since the first time I was able to get pregnant, I was doing keto. Although we lost the baby early, we wanted to give keto another go with our fertility journey. Because my husband is so amazing,Continue reading “I Can’t Believe it’s “Keto” CHEESECAKE (GF)”
KETO / GF / DF / V Peanut Butter and Almond Butter options Ingredients: 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or equivalent of dark choc squares. (I either use Enjoy Life dark morsels, >80% dark chocolate bar squares or Lily’s Dark Choc Chips) 1/2 cup natural PB or Almond butter or mix of both (NOTE: YouContinue reading “Keto Chocolate PB Coconut Crunch Cups”
Keto Alomond Butter Choc Chip Cookie Bars
1 cup swerve brown (natural sugar replacement)
1 cup natural no added sugar almond butter
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups almond flour
1 1/2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (Lillys or >72%)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8×8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the Swerve, almond butter, and vanilla on high for 1 minute using a stand or hand mixer with paddle attachment.
3. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
4. With the mixer off, add the almond flour mixture. Then, pour the almond milk over the almond flour mixture and begin beating on low and increase speed to medium. Beat for 15-30 seconds or until just incorporated. Do not over-mix. The dough should pull together into large, moist mounds as it moves around the mixing bowl. Add the chocolate chips and stir to incorporate.
5. Transfer the dough to the lined pan and use your fingers to press evenly into the bottom. It will seem like there isn’t enough dough, but keep pressing it outward until it’s nearly touching the sides of the pan. If desired, dot the top of the cookie dough with another tablespoon or two of chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 22 to 24 minutes or until the edges are golden and crackled and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean with a bit of moist crumb at the tip.
7. Let cool completely in pan. Then, grasp the edges of the parchment to gently remove the bar from the pan. Slice into 16-25 squares.